Introduction to HR
1 day classroom
Basic / Intermediate
How You Will Benefit
• Instances when an Employee may be dismissed.
• Categories of conduct.
• Questions when an employee breaks a rule.
• When do we take disciplinary action?
• Why do we have formal Company rules?
• What are “serious offences” and “less serious offences”?
• Why must I report offences by my staff?
3 Types of Disciplinary action.
• When do we give an employee a written warning?
• When do we have a formal disciplinary inquiry?
• Written warnings.
• Final written warnings.
• Why do employees become poor performers or break rules?
• Procedure for “less serious offences”
• Procedure for “more serious offences”
• Factors which may cause poor performance.
• Questions to ask if your employees are performing poorly.
• How to handle a Counselling Interview
• Offences which justify summary dismissal.
• Repeated “less serious offences” & dismissal.
• How to take an employee into a Disciplinary Inquiry.
• How the Manager must prepare for the Inquiry.
• What must the Manager say at the Disciplinary Inquiry?
Human Resource is an important function of any organization. It encompasses the management of people in organizations from a macro perspective i.e. managing people in the form of a collective relationship between management and employees.